Red Apple Grant Applications Now Available!
The Warsaw Education Foundation (WEF)
proudly offers the
Red Apple Grant Program.
The Fall 2015 Red Apple Grant application window is now open.
Teachers and staff of Warsaw Community Schools, Warsaw, Indiana are eligible to apply.
Click here for the WEF Red Apple grant application.
PLEASE NOTE: Please be sure the application you submit has 'Fall 2015 Application' at the top of the page.
The deadline to submit your completed grant application is November 3, 2015 4:00 pm. Print a copy of your completed grant application and submit to ESC (Warsaw Community Schools administration building), attention Barb Smolen, WEF Executive Director. FAXED applications will not be accepted.
Guidelines for WEF Red Apple Grants:
- Your project must fit the WEF Mission “. . . champions academic innovation and excellence in Warsaw Community Schools.” (Further details on page 1 of the application.)
- The grant limit is $1,500 per grant whether submitted by one person or a group of people.
- Previous grant recipients may not apply for a grant in consecutive grant cycles. If you received a Red Apple Grant in May/June 2015, you are not eligible to apply for this application cycle.
- Red Apple Grant awards will be announced in early January 2016. Funding must be used in the period of January 1, 2016 through June 1, 2016.
- A Grant Report Form (provided to you) must be completed and submitted to the Foundation by June 30, 2016.
Tips for completing the WEF Red Apple Grant Application:
Give focused concise answers. Make sure you make your point clearly without educational jargon.
Answer the question that is asked. This may seem obvious, but the grant application is rated on how clearly you answer the specific question asked. There have been some great ideas that were never funded because the applicant didn't answer the specific question being asked.
provide any identifying information (for example, school name, your name, names of other staff members) on any page of the application except for on the Cover Sheet.
Do not hesitate to contact Barb Smolen, WEF Executive Director, if you have any questions about the grant application or the grant process.
Contact Barb (Call 574-371-5098 X2410 or e-mail: Bsmolen@warsawschools.org) if you would like to know if your idea is one the Foundation would consider.
Contact Barb if you have questions when completing your application and do not understand any specific question and what is being asked.
Barb is willing to read over your application and give you some pointers. She does not vote in the grant process, but she is at the ranking meeting where the grants are rated. Sometimes Barb can add information that the committee would find helpful in their decision making.
Apply for a Red Apple Grant if you need funding
for an innovative project that
promotes student learning in creative ways!